Senior Media Strategist
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users’ experience.
The Media & Analytics team based in Irvine is looking for a tremendously talented individual who can handle and support paid media campaigns across multiple franchises. This position will work closely with the media manager to build cross platform media plans for various game content launches as well as new customer acquisition.
This person will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and oversight of campaign planning. He/she will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of franchise business and ensure all media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner. He/she will also work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing, is a team player, a critical thinker, and effective communicator. Autonomy, agility, and poise will be markers of success.
If you’re up for the challenge, please read on:
- Develop strategic media recommendations that define target audience, channel mix, media KPIs, and integrate competitive/marketplace considerations
- Collaborate with Media & Analytics functional groups to help build testing opportunities, measurement frameworks, creative spec sheets, and process improvements
- Act as liaison to business stakeholders, leveraging strategic vision to inform, consult, and recommend innovative solutions to unrivaled business challenges
- Review tactical components of media campaigns to ensure strategic media objectives are met
- Manage key operational tasks that enable Media Activation & Analytics teams to successfully launch and optimize campaigns
- Facilitate creative asset development, organization, and delivery to Media Activation team
- Oversee timelines, coordinate budget process, and handle ad-hoc day-to-day requests
- BA / BS degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of digital media analysis and planning experience from a media agency or similar
- Experience with launching and optimizing media campaigns using complex data segmentations
- Successful track record working on large-scale, digital direct response initiatives & brand-building campaigns
- Deep understanding of ad servers, DMPs, planning tools
- Passion for video games, particularly Blizzard titles
- Prior entertainment client and/or communications planning experience
- Experience with TV and OOH planning
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!