Senior Manager, Global Competition Operations
In 2020, the official global esports league of Call of Duty will expand to a new franchised-team format, featuring the best players from around the world. Nine teams have been announced to date in Atlanta, Dallas, Florida, two teams in Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York, Paris, and Toronto, bringing more competitive events to fans in cities around the globe in a home and away gameplay format. Additional information related to the evolution of Call of Duty esports is forthcoming and we’re looking to add to our team to help achieve success for launch.
Senior Manager for Competition Operations oversees the entire Competition Operations team and is responsible for decisions related to competitive integrity, player coordination, rosters, rankings, competition format, and rule enforcement. This is a position for a seasoned and mature esports professional with extensive experience managing live tournaments and sizeable teams.
This position is based in our Santa Monica office, with travel during the League season.
- Own the operations of all official Call of Duty esports competitions, including professional league play, amateur circuits, and various other exhibition competitions.
- Manage a team of competition operation specialists to execute competitions globally, from inception to conclusion
- Manage a team of league officials responsible in enforcing league rules and making real-time decisions that instill fairness and competitive integrity
- Collaborate in the design of match and tournament formats, structures and schedules as it pertains to feasibility in executing competitions within time and equipment constraints
- Manage league player relations to gather feedback from the professional players and share key league decisions that directly affect the players, specifically around the competition.
- Work closely with game team to aggregate and communicate player feedback and provide a strong understanding of competitive gameplay strategy and mechanics
- Collaborate with digital product team to enhance competition management tools that improve operational efficiency and competitor user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Business, related field or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of experience in league operations or relevant function for traditional sports, esports or related field
- 3+ years of leadership and management experience
- Demonstrated success in designing, implementing and supporting competition governance standards
- Broad knowledge of league operations, ideally across multiple sports or esports and competitive levels
- Strong understanding of esports competitions, formats and rules, especially FPS
- Deep knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise
- Passion for esports and gaming
- Experience communicating complex issues to global audiences
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to travel, including international travel
- Cover letter