Esports Coordinator, World of Warcraft
The WoW Esports team is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and self-motivated person to join the growing WoW Esports team and help us help execute esports projects and operations. The esports coordinator will work with other Blizzard departments including community, development, public relations, legal, customer service and operations to help support and execute esports programs, tournament licenses and initiatives. Other responsibilities include coordinating with external tournament organizers, collecting both internal and external event reports, and gathering community feedback for Blizzard websites, as well as various administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate for this position is an avid gamer familiar with World of Warcraft and has experience in managing multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced environment while coordinating with multiple internal and external stakeholders. Essential attributes include excellent communications and interpersonal skills, an ability to multitask and remain focused in high-pressure situations. In addition, the esports coordinator must be highly self-motivated, organized, and enthusiastic about tournament and events organization.
- Manage day-to-day administrative operations and upkeep for a variety of esports programs.
- Coordinate Blizzard’s participation in consumer, trade, and esports events.
- Actively monitor and maintain esports mailboxes and respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Help maintain Blizzard esports tools including data entry and general maintenance as needed.
- Track and report task status to appropriate stakeholders in a timely and consistent manner.
- Support & maintain communication with external event organizers, partners, teams, and players as needed.
- Administer and support Blizzard-run tournaments.
- Provide timely reporting on summaries of events and other esports programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- A passion for esports, the esports community, and World of Warcraft.
- Organized, extremely detail-focused, and driven to consistently meet project deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Understands resource limitations and able to communicate challenges
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Able to multitask effectively by accurately prioritizing workloads
- Excellent communications skills in verbal and written English
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as the google suite equivalent
- Able to work overtime and weekends, and able to travel as needed
- High level World of Warcraft game knowledge.
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry.
- Professional experience organizing, competing in, and / or coordinating live events.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.