Lead Engineer, Shared Technology
How would it feel to have your code be a key component in the development of every Blizzard game? As a leader for Blizzard's shared code efforts, you will work with engineers, leads, and technical directors across multiple teams to create and expand the library of shared technology used in a new, cross platform engine as well as across all of Blizzard's games.
In this role, you will help define and communicate best practices for effectively sharing code written by different engineering groups. This includes identifying common problems and solutions in multiple codebases and then working independently or with various teams to create shared projects that are highly performant, easy to integrate, and incorporate the best solutions from across the company.
- Ability to build consensus across multiple engineering teams to achieve a common goal
- A passion for writing code and engineering. We want reliable, fast, and above all: simple and easy to understand code
- Experience developing high performance cross platform technology
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Experience with protocol and API design
- Passionate about leading engineers, mentoring and teaching best practices
- Experience creating code meant to be shared across multiple codebases and experience incorporating code created by others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective communicator at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Familiarity with one or more of C#, Python, Lua, Java
- A cover letter
- Passionate about gaming and Blizzard games