Associate Director/Director, Product Management, Mobile - Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our player experience.
We're on a quest to find a legendary Associate Director/Director, Product Management, Mobile who is a grandmaster at their craft. This is someone who has a deep understanding of mobile game development and live operations of games after launch. They will lead Blizzard’s quest to create the best mobile game experience in the world. Most importantly, they have a huge well of empathy for players because they are players themselves.
The Associate Director/Director, Product Management functions as a team lead, manages the end-to-end lifecycle of a game spanning multiple feature areas and collaborates with the game team on roadmap planning.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Establishes clear, measurable objectives that will lead to achieving the business goals of the game
- Drives the analytical framework to help determine full feature roadmap
- Leads product review to track game health, analyze feature performance and review prioritized backlog
- Presents the game team and broader organization with findings and evangelizes the importance of business insights that will add real value
- Provides regular and ad-hoc reports to senior leaders on game performance
- Identifies and drives business initiatives to maximize acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Leads the team in soft launching our games, ensuring that we have the right processes to release optimized hits worldwide
- Manages product managers on a game team and prioritizes team backlog
REQUIRED TALENT PROFILE
- 8+ years of experience in product management on live free-to-play games; experience on a top grossing mid-core game a plus
- Demonstrated passion and understanding for games
- Experience managing product managers preferred
- Ability to build wireframes, product specifications and draft white papers
- Exceptional data analysis and problem-solving skills; SQL abilities is a strong plus
- Outstanding written, oral, and organizational ability
- Must have the passion to self-motivate, the guile to sell your ideas to other stakeholders, and the drive to execute those ideas cross-functionally
- Ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry and competitor trends
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive team
- BS, quantitative or technical degree a plus (math, economics, engineering, or finance); MBA a plus