Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in our games as we are.
We are seeking a technical Insights Analyst to support the Activision Blizzard Esports organization. Your role will consist of identifying, understanding, and surfacing a myriad of first and third-party data to empower our decision making as it relates to our fan experience, our global viewership, and our Franchise teams. Your team comp will consist of other business and strategy analysts, and together you will push the boundaries of data-informed decision making for the esports business and industry at large.
- Slice through petabytes of first and third-party data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Generate reports and build dashboards to surface data-driven insights in collaboration with multiple stakeholders
- Build and maintain data pipelines and products for various stakeholders across the esports organization
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Stay abreast of Esports industry trends and innovative developments
Confident Aim: Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing in relational databases and unstructured data lakes
Chart the Course: Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards
Arcane Brilliance: Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
Co-op Commander: Collaborate effectively across multiple departments with a proven ability to go deep in the trenches or 80/20 when required to get to insights quickly.
Power Word: Curiosity: Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with the ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
Stay Awhile and Listen: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations.
- Expertise in working with data using SQL (Teradata, Hive, BigQuery)
- Expertise with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with Python as it applies to data analytics
- Excellent communications, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Passionate gamer with working knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Esports Fan with expertise about the evolving industry and where it is headed
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in Gaming, Esports, Data Analytics, Product Management, or Finance
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!