Public Relations Manager
Blizzard Entertainment seeks a seasoned public relations manager that is well-versed in modern communication techniques to help lead our communications efforts. We are looking for a focused, detail-oriented person who can multitask efficiently and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives. This person will also be highly organized and able to work independently while contributing to the goals of a team. Clear and concise communication skills are a must.
- Develop public relations (PR) strategies and manage the execution of product publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases of major content pushes.
- Secure and provide counsel to leadership for various press opportunities.
- Compose accurate, well-written press materials, about Blizzard products and the company on deadline
- Correspond with the press as a representative of Blizzard, as needed.
- Arrange and manage Blizzard’s participation in events, press tours and interviews.
- Interface with Blizzard’s developers to gather data and craft messaging for strategy and writing assignments.
- Answer written interview questions about Blizzard’s products for press.
- Compile press coverage and prepare detailed executive summaries.
- Coordinate PR efforts between different departments within Blizzard Entertainment
- Additional travel, writing projects, and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years’ PR experience
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background and proven placement results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with developers and transforming complex concepts into accessible consumer messages
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of video games and the video game industry
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy
- Able to work with other teams to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Good presentation skills
- A passionate video gamer
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Crisis-management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Business, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in managing a team of PR professionals
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!