Sound Designer, Cinematics
Blizzard Entertainment’s cinematic sound department is looking for a Sound Designer with extensive mixing experience to contribute to some of the most successful franchises in gaming history.
You have substantial mixing experience as well as sound design experience with proven skill crafting rich, detailed mixes. In this role, you will work with Blizzard’s Cinematic Sound Department and Video Post-Production team, collaborating with video editors, directors, producers, and sound supervisors, to deliver a variety of content for varying projects that includes promotional media, web videos, trailers, logos, inward-facing content, etc., and will be responsible for finalizing and delivering completed mixes.
You are equally comfortable building compelling sound assets as you are behind a mixing board and working with clients. You are comfortable working under tight deadlines and easily adaptable to shifting priorities. Please include credits and/or a demo reel with your application.
- Design, edit and mix dialogue, sound effects, and music assets in both stereo and 5.1 surround
- Work collaboratively with Lead Supervising Sound Designer and Audio Producer to assess scope of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills; you are able to interact well with other departments.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; you are comfortable working under strenuous deadlines
- Able to work with equal effectiveness, both solo and as part of a project team
- Comfortable taking direction and criticism
- A minimum of 8 years of industry experience in a video game or post-production setting or a minimum of 6 years as a rerecording mixer on TV or feature films, or equivalent mixing game cinematics. Experience should include mixing dialog, music, and sound effects in 5.1
- 4 or more shipped AAA titles or equivalent film credits in a mixer /sound design role
- Proven skills regarding mixing dialog, music, and sound effects for a large variety of projects in both stereo and 5.1
- Proven skills regarding editing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Deeply versed in working inside of Protools (Mac)
- Experience using both Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Familiarity with Blizzard's titles as well as the Blizzard "brand"
- Familiarity with a large variety of audio plugins
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume along with a link with samples of your sound design for us to listen to.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.