Program Manager, IT PMO (Temp)
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
You are bright, engaging, eager to learn, and ready to make an impact, and we've been waiting for you!
Blizzard is seeking a high performing Program Manager to join the IT PMO. Our IT PMO acts as the central point of contact and liaison between the IT organization and the game and platform development teams. You will join an inclusive and welcoming team of IT Program Managers who strive to be the best in the business.
We are looking for a program manager who possesses exceptional knowledge of product, project, and program management styles and processes. They should have a deep understanding of hardware and infrastructure technologies, management of live services, superb communication and relationship building skills, and able to adapt to shifting priorities. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environment, and people all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career.
The primary function of this role is to partner with our Internal Information Systems team to define and achieve Blizzard's corporate IT strategy. You will be accountable for organizing, prioritizing, and leading IT infrastructure services. You will drive multiple projects focused on enterprise platform technologies as well as facilitate IT construction and team member moves to deliver an outstanding experience for Blizzard employees.
As a Program Manager, you are expected to demonstrate the following skills consistently at a high level:
- Display a mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project
- Prioritize across individual projects, portfolios, and operational tasks to plan milestones, schedules, and resources
- Ensure that projects goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved on schedule and within budget
- Facilitate and create appropriate project documentation, communicate status updates, drive major decisions, and identify and eliminate risks
- Communicate effectively and clearly with stakeholders of all levels by tailoring your message to the audience
- Build and maintain effective relationships with resources, partners, colleagues, and leaders with fierce accountability for delivering on commitments and partner needs
- Demonstrate the value of partner engagement by knowing when to engage, who to engage, and how to engage while keeping inclusion and collaboration at the forefront of your approach
- Work independently and deliver results with little or no supervision
- Act as a main point of contact for everything related to your program area
- Set a positive example daily by providing guidance, thinking globally, and bringing people together
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies
- Extraordinary inter-personal, oral, and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Willingness to work some weekends to facilitate construction and team member move activities
- Self-motivated and proactively takes the initiative in project work
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
Job Status: Temporary (6 Months)
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!