Associate Human Resources Generalist
You’re an outstanding human resources professional. Your skillset, curiosity, and motivation are a magnificent fit for any HR department in nearly every industry. Every company has employee relations issues, benefits, and the usual slew of HR functions, so why come to Blizzard Entertainment? We offer one of the most fast-paced, dynamic, and forward-thinking environments for HR professionals to ply their craft.
Our HR staff ranks among the most hardworking and professional in any industry, but they also place a high value on creative thinking and unrivaled approaches. For those of you with an adventurous spirit and a dream for knowledge-sharing and growing, we wish to add you to our team! You’ll be participating in and helping craft and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions.
The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, flexible and has the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality. You have a demonstrable aptitude for working well with people, and the dream to jump in and contribute to an agile, fun, and fast-paced environment.
- Take point for inquires around policies, procedures, payroll, time-keeping, benefits, leave of absence, etc.
- Provide HR Partners and respective client groups with reporting and special projects as required.
- Manage employee facing communications on HR related issues:
- Update relevant HR websites, HR materials, and news posts to ensure policies, FAQs, news posts, emails and other communication vehicles are up to date and accurate.
- Recognize trends in requests from employees and suggest policy clarifications or communication reminders to help drive self-service and policy comprehension.
- Create Pillar knowledge articles as needed to support employee and manager self-service.
- Coordinate with AB Life benefits team as needed for open enrollment and LOAs.
- Provide HR and the business with reporting and enhanced analysis:
- Run ad-hoc people reports from HRIS as needed to support client.
- Provide summary headcount and turnover reports at least monthly.
- Review overtime reports as needed and call out potential areas for review.
- Assists HR team with organizing new hire mixers, orientation, on-boarding, /Learns, Q&A’s and other HR related events and programs.
- Assist HR Partners with first level employee relations situation as they arise.
- Assist HR Partners with performance management or disciplinary situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Communications, Psychology, Organizational Behavior or related field
- A minimum 0-3 years of experience in the HR field
- Ability to work alternate/flexible hours to support contact center
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to build relationships with functional management as well as front line employees
- Experience with human resource information systems and tools, specifically Workday and Jobvite
- Experience using SharePoint and the ServiceNow platform
- Experience in an HR department with an entertainment, publishing or interactive company
- HR experience with customer service personnel, preferably in a 24/7 call center
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!