Data Center Engineer
Blizzard China is seeking an experienced Data Center engineer to join China Data Center Team. The DC team’s goal is to maintain and optimize our Data Centers to support Blizzard IT systems and services including player facing and internal customer facing with epic experience. The candidate should be a dedicated problem solver who can multitask and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Working on the projects and assignments from the team also be able to work independently with least supervision
- Plan and manage infrastructure resources cabling, hardware, racks, etc in complex sites.
- Guide the hardware installation, manage the firmware version, and implement Linux operating system installation in automatic way.
- Document ldap location, network diagram, IDC infrastructure topology and deploy guide.
- Participate in the scheduled server maintenances with system engineers and dev teams.
- Other tasks from the DC manager and upper management.
- Hands-on experience with large-scale hardware deployment, installation and troubleshooting, especially on Dell, HP and Cisco blade systems
- Good understanding of a Linux-based operating system, including system installation and configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration
- Good understanding of Linux network services; specifically, the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot TCP / IP-based services such DHCP and LDAP
- Able to write scripts in an administrative language (Python or shell) for kickstart installation
- Experience on ilo/idrac /CMC and other OOB management automatically
- Basic knowledge of SAN and TCP / IP network, and network gears, 10G and 40G networking.
- Strong will to take the initiatives and learn new technologies in modern data center
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English and a degree in computer science or a related field
- A minimum of 4 years’ Linux system administration experience or IDC management experience in Production or corporation environment.
- Multinational company experience
- Passionate about Blizzard games
- Data center monitoring system experience
- DC experience in large-scale production is preferred