Localization Audio Specialist, Spanish and Portuguese
Blizzard’s Localization team is looking for a Localization Audio Specialist for its gaming initiatives and related support services for the Latin American market. You will have exceptional organization and communication skills in English, Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese.
A Localization Audio Specialist at Blizzard is more than just a coordinator of recording assets and information. At Blizzard, our localization audio specialists are language natives with a deep knowledge and understanding of their target markets’ actors, directors and local media. Their goal is to expand and captivate our regional player base in their target region. This can be via actor selection, diligently managed VO recording production, selection and training of local artistic directors and the seizing of culturally relevant VO opportunities in the target region.
This is key to Blizzard’s exceptionally high quality-bar for VO.
- On time delivery of technically and artistically excellent quality localized VO assets.
- Responsible for the casting of actors.
- Be required to lead or support voice-over direction.
- Participate in the selection and evaluation of external partners, best practices, and tools.
- Collaborate closely with all global internal and external audio localization stakeholders.
- Manage scripts, localized VO and source VO during all stages of production
- Supervise the production of VO localization for the target region, acting as a point of contact for product or VO production related questions.
- Supervise or perform technical and language checks and editing of VO assets.
- Work experience managing the recording of interactive localized VO or with related game audio technologies.
- Skills and experience in automation technologies or programming languages
- Script Dubbing
- Excellent English, Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese language skills and capacity to communicate in a clear, concise, professional and effective manner.
- Drive to improve quality and efficiency through creative, practical and collaborative solutions.
- Demonstrable skills & experience in VO production.
- Knowledge of Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese dubbing business practices and key stakeholders.
- Team worker ready to collaborate with project stakeholders on both production and creative goals.
- Good command of audio post processing and audio, graphics or video editing software
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games
- Experience shipping a game
- Experience working in multicultural environments
- Existing network of actors, studios and directors in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese market
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences.