Software Engineer, Gameplay
Are you an engineer who’d be thrilled to help create top-notch gameplay experiences alongside a team of talented artists and designers? Are you passionate about Blizzard franchises? Then we’d love to hear from you! Our small team is working on an unannounced mobile project at Blizzard, and we’re looking for a skilled software engineer to help us craft and refine its features and mechanics. Everyone on our team is empowered to influence all aspects of the project, from the overall design, to its artistic vision and technology. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
- Develop and own gameplay features and mechanics for missions and characters.
- Maintain and optimize core systems, such as movement and physics.
- Support content creation pipelines and tool development.
- Collaborate with design to iterate on mechanics, visuals, and debug tools.
- Coordinate with server engineers on simulation and network efficiency; with tools engineers to provide intuitive authoring and debug tools; and with UX engineers to surface key information to the player.
- At least three years of professional programming.
- Strong command of mathematics and data structures.
- Fluency in either C++ or C#.
- Excellent ability to collaborate and iterate with designers and artists.
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels.
- An extensive background in debugging and troubleshooting.
- Experience with A*, navmeshes, and physics simulation.
- Experience with Android or iOS development.
- Experience with Unity development.
- Experience shipping a previous game title
- Experience developing strategy game simulations.