Associate Software Engineer, Graphics
Associate Software Engineer, Graphics, Diablo
Well met, student engineers! Blizzard’s University Relations team here, and before we turn this job description over to the Diablo team to talk about the scope of the role, we’d like to say thanks for your interest and for (hopefully) taking the initiative to apply.
Our New Grad Program is focused on helping you begin your engineering career in gaming in the most direct way possible. Blizzard’s not an easy place to get into, but we believe we can help you get a great start on your career. For over 20 years, our teams have established and continue to cultivate a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love what we do, and we’re proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck! And now, over to the Diablo team.
- Currently enrolled in college or university
- Graduating between December 2018 – August 2019
- Authorized to work in the US.
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled programmer specializing in graphics and rendering? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for all things Diablo. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
We have an amazing opportunity for a graphics programmer proficient with graphics shaders, scene management, and with a heavy focus on 3D math. You will be working with a team of engineers to improve Diablo’s graphics technology. Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll interface with designers, game programmers, and fellow engine programmers as you help develop and refine key engine systems. The ideal candidate has a long-standing passion for playing games, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, and demonstrated game programming experience in the personal, educational, or professional arena.
- Experience implementing graphics techniques
- Understanding of 3D graphics and shaders
- Passion for technology, gaming, and game development
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Experience developing and debugging in C/C++ or C#
- Strong mathematics background (logic, linear algebra, geometry, statistics and probability, etc.)
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Visual arts aptitude or previous experience working on software development projects in an artist role
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience shipping at least one video game with contribution to graphics
- A degree in computer science, or a related field.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing.
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!