Senior Software Engineer, Test Automation (Servers)
Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a server automation engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world-class multiplayer game, unlocking the potential of our developers to create compelling and exciting gameplay. The ideal candidate will have a passion for spelunking into features, writing robust, efficient code and tests, and a deep understanding of the challenges involved with simulating, automating and stress testing a networked client/server game.
- Ownership and responsibility for a rich automation infrastructure covering areas such as performance, stability, build verification, and data integrity.
- Design test automation architecture to work across all Overwatch technologies (client, server, test clients) including working with members of the team to design automation strategies that solve some of our most complex problems.
- Design, plan, and execute automation tests as a key part of the feature release pipeline to ensure stability and performance.
- Conduct analysis of automated test results, including partnering with feature developers to understand unexpected results.
- Work side-by-side with QA, feature developers, design and production to identify and mitigate risk.
- Conduct research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution.
- Mentor other engineers on the automation team.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Advanced understanding of C / C++
- Strong passion for automation and software testing
- Multi-platform expertise (Windows, Linux, Console)
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Knowledge of security and performance testing
- Advanced knowledge of additional languages like C#, or Python
- Experience with Jenkins
- Familiarity with VM technologies like Openstack or vSphere