Internship Term: 2020
WRITING INTERN, OVERWATCH
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
- Document story for existing content and in development content
- Write dialogue
- Writing support story content (signs, naming stuff, etc.)
- Fixing bugs
- Assorted writing tasks, editing patch notes
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Strong working knowledge of Overwatch, and a vast knowledge of current successful intellectual properties in today's popular culture
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
- Ability to produce writing without constant supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under deadlines
- Majoring in a related field (creative writing, English, literature, etc.)
- Working knowledge and understanding of technical writing and editing
- Experience writing both short and long-form narrative
- Successfully published writing work (preferably in the fantasy, horror, and science fiction genres)
- Cover Letter
- Writing samples (you may link to an online portfolio or attach PDF documents)
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than November 30, 2019.