Graphic Designer, Overwatch League
Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch League is looking for a graphic designer to maintain and help progress Overwatch League’s brand esthetic on industry-leading creative across multiple mediums. You should bring your passion for creativity, esports, video games, music, sports, movies, and other elements of pop culture to your design.
If you’re passionate about design, have the drive to generate high quality visual content, and want to be on the cutting edge of esports culture, then polish your portfolio, update your resume, and send us your application. We’re ready to meet you!
- You will craft dynamic brand integration in to all aspects of media including social, broadcast, events, marketing and consumer products.
- Create web graphics day-to-day, as required, to maintain existing Blizzard Esports sites.
- Create graphics for gameday communication across social media which include: match recaps, score recaps, weekly schedules, daily schedules, team-of-the-day announcements, and other bespoke reactive graphics as needed.
- Tackle complex visual problems and turn them into breathtakingly clear designed solutions that reinforce the Overwatch League Brand.
- You will collaborate with a team of creatives to ensure a high-level design consistent with Blizzard’s long tradition of quality products.
- Create infographics to promote programs by analyzing provided data, developing creative messaging for key information, and implementing that messaging through compelling visual design
- Have 4+ years working in Graphic Design or related role.
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, associated media requirements, and best pratices.
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals and the ability to apply Blizzard brand values on a wide variety of projects.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with frequent priority shifts
- Understanding and familiarity with Overwatch and Overwatch League design themes
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- A passion for esports, video games, music, sports, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of 3D rendering applications (Maya, Cinema 4D, etc…)
- Understanding of post-production with After Effects and Adobe Premiere (or equivalent package)
- A passion for story, art and conceptual thinking.
- Experience with illustration and painting.
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.