Project Management Intern, Mobile Services
2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INTERN, MOBILE SERVICES
*NOTE - This specific intern role is located in our Austin, TX office
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ passionate engineers, program managers, and designers focused on technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, browsing our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
We are looking for a Project Management Intern to organize and coordinate team projects with our Austin-based Mobile Services team. As a Project Manager, you will act as a champion for continuous improvement while working to maximize the efficiency, predictability, and visibility of our projects.
The ideal candidate wants to learn more about agile processes and the software development lifecycle, focusing on planning, implementation, testing, and release. They should have a passion for precision and a willingness to handle a variety of tasks to make sure all roadblocks are cleared from the team's path.
- Organize and monitor projects from beginning to end.
- Develop and control deadlines and activities associated with the project.
- Apply change, risk, and resource management.
- Keep leadership and stakeholders apprised of the status of the project.
- In partnership with your team, leverage creativity and problem-solving to iterate on development processes.
- Create transparency, predictability, and consistency within your team.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Detail-oriented mindset and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, a proactive communicator, and an affinity for creating documentation.
- Drive for continuous improvement for yourself and your team.
- Comfort with technical projects (platforms, SDKs, APIs, etc.).
- Experience with Atlassian products, specifically Jira and Confluence.
- Previous agile experience. (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with complex group projects, especially in a software development space.
- Experience analyzing data to make decisions and visualizing data in reports.
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.