A Prop Artist can work on everything from an Orc battle wagon to a melted candle. Props in World of Warcraft tell a story and the team is looking for someone that can not only tell a story with their props but can also concept, model, and texture props start to finish.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Concept props for various cultures in the World of Warcraft style
- Model efficient assets that fits within the style of the game
- Strong hand painted texturing skill that fits within the larger world
- Ability to prototype and create block-out assets
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- 2+ years of experience in game development concepting, modeling, and texturing objects
- Experience animating objects is a plus
- Understand real-time game development needs
- Able to collaborate closely with other Artists
- Ability to explore a wide variety of ideas that push the World of Warcraft style
- Software experience such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Portfolio website
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.