Senior Game Producer - Diablo IV
The Diablo IV team is looking for a Senior Producer to join our group of talented developers. Our backgrounds are diverse, and we all share a real passion for what we do – bringing the world together through epic gaming experiences. We value communication and collaboration amongst the Production team, the game team, and Blizzard itself. If you have a genuine passion for production, helping teams get things done and making great games, we might be a phenomenal fit and we’d like to hear from you.
The Senior Producer will report to the Lead Producer, work closely with other Senior Producers and will have direct reports. Experience with humane, compelling leadership, and a background in producing modern pipelines are greatly valued.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Working with Senior Producers and leadership from multiple disciplines, you’ll be driving the development process for various teams and initiatives. You have prior experience in game development and a keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts. Self-direction and follow-up skills are necessary, as is the ability to anticipate production issues and find effective solutions. Excellent communication and project management skills are critical.
- Drive the development process across multiple disciplines
- Think and execute strategically on long-term project priorities, dependencies, and conflicts
- Facilitate communication, organization, and accountability
- Remove roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent developers or other teams from achieving established goals
- Champion teams and processes that support creative development
- Communicate frequently with producers and team leadership regarding project status, risks, and opportunities
- Manage and mentor associate- and mid-level producers
- Manage relationships with other departments at Blizzard Entertainment
What will it take to be successful in this role? An intellectual and emotional understanding of the complexities of developing a triple A title along with a genuine enthusiasm for the creative process. We’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today. Previous experience we’d like to see:
- 5+ years of game production experience
- Must have shipped at least one AAA game in a producer or senior producer role
- Able to build, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Ability to simplify complex schedules for people that just want to know what’s going on
- Comfortable with ambiguity and an ability to drive towards clarity
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Knowledge of modern software development process, project management, and production processes and the experience to know when not to use them
- An understanding of modern production software such as Jira and Confluence
- Previous management experience
- Fun to work with
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.