Growth Strategy Manager, Activision Blizzard Esports
Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) are responsible for the development and operation of premier Activision Blizzard professional gaming properties including the Overwatch League™ and the Call of Duty® World League, as well as the commercialization of the entire Blizzard Esports portfolio. Launched in 2017, the Overwatch League is the world’s first major global Esports league with city-based teams, with 20 clubs across Asia, Europe, and North America. In 2019, the Call of Duty World League Presented by PlayStation®4 will deliver five vs. five team play featuring Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4. It is ABE’s vision to be the most innovative, scalable, and valuable developer of global competitive entertainment
The Global Growth Marketing Team is looking for a tremendously talented individual who can manage and support cross-platform paid media campaigns across ABE. Growth Strategy Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination, execution, and management of media plans for ABE across PC and Mobile platforms. He/she will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of ABE business and ensure all media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner. He/she will also work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing, is a team player, a critical thinker, and possesses strong interpersonal skills to interface effectively with both the marketing and technical teams.
This position will be based full-time in Irvine, CA at Blizzard Entertainment headquarters.
- Lead in planning functions such as brainstorming, brief development, plan and strategy review with internal teams
- Manage due dates (media and creative), maintain calendar of all campaigns and where they are in the life-cycle
- Work collaboratively to build media briefs and media recommendations
- Review tactical components of media campaigns, such as flow charts, spreadsheets, and budget summaries
- Oversee and coordinate budget process
- Oversee and coordinate campaign wrap reports
- Handle ad-hoc day-to-day requests
- Monitor and report on competitor activity and assist marketing teams on emerging media technologies, platforms, and consumer media habits
- Serve as master liaison for Growth Marketing team for all campaign needs with ABE
- Support in trafficking media campaigns with Media Activation team
- Assist ABE grow owned audience through paid media acquisition campaigns
- BA / BS degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- A minimum of 4-years digital media analysis and planning experience from a media agency
- Understanding of programmatic marketing and audience and creative segmentation
- Experience with launching and optimizing media campaigns using complex data segmentations
- Successful track record working on large-scale, digital direct response initiatives
- Able to create general excel pivot tables and manage spreadsheets
- Deep understanding of ad servers, DMPs, planning tools
- Prior professional sports, Esports and/or entertainment client experience is a plus but not required
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working for Activision Blizzard Esports
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences