Senior Software Engineer (iOS) - Applications Mobile Team
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Are you passionate about iOS development? Would connecting millions of the world’s most passionate gamers together fill you with pride? Would you like to provide the social gateway to a vibrant and thriving online gaming community?
If your brain is screaming “yes!!” to these questions, then the Batttle.net and Online Products Applications group is calling for you to join our Mobile team.
Our Client Mobile team develops Blizzard quality mobile applications for both iOS and Android. The primary mission of our Batttle.net and Online Products Mobile team is to allow players to enjoy the Blizzard community wherever they may be. We develop the Blizzard Mobile Authenticator, the Blizzcon App, the Overwatch League App, the Blizzard Esports App and the Battle.net Mobile App. Our highest use app, The Battle.net Mobile App, presents a place where millions of players worldwide can socialize with their friends and fellow gamers.
As one of our Senior Software Engineers, you must be able to work both independently and with team members across engineering, program management and design. Enthusiasm and a drive for crafting epic social and content experiences is a must. If the idea of reaching millions of players across the globe appeals to your inner geek, then our team may just be the place for you.
- Mastery of Swift development with a minimum of 5 years’ professional experience
- Experience using iOS UI frameworks and building custom UI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Fluency with RxSwift and Reactive patterns strongly desired
- Objective-C programming experience
- Familiarity with networking and high level protocols such as HTTP or XMPP
- Experience working with 3rd party libraries (RxSwift, Alamofire, Protobuf, etc…)
- Experience with shipping and maintaining mobile applications that support a global user base
- Experience supporting a live product (ship planning, risk mitigation, etc..)
- Agile development experience
- Passion for video games or social networks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!