Senior Software Engineer, E-Commerce - Payments
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our E-commerce team handles millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises. Have you ever wondered what happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? We're the team that provides the platform that powers all those features and more.
As a software engineer on the E-commerce Payments team, you will a join group of engineers dedicated to building a global platform allowing our fans worldwide to experience Blizzard content. You will be a part of our continuing efforts to evolve our order acquisition and workflow orchestration systems to keep up with an ever-changing commerce landscape. You will also be exposed to the inner-workings of the online and mobile payment spaces. In this role, you will not only be writing code but taking the reins of projects across all phases of our SDLC.
- Design and implement new features for purchasing, inventory management, and payment processing on our cross-platform e-commerce system, including integrations with second and third parties.
- Collaborate with multiple development teams ensuring proper designs and integrations.
- Be a part of the implementation and maintenance of our infrastructure
- Monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot performance across all tiers.
- Support and improve live production service
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- A minimum of 4 years of professional software engineering experience and a solid foundation in Java, C#, or another object-oriented language.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with web services, messaging middleware, security, microservices, and n-tier architectures
- Understanding of scalable and highly concurrent server architecture design
- Familiarity with testing practices, including regression, acceptance, functional, and load testing
- Shown knowledge of data-modelling and RDBMS development practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- AWS experience (DynamoDB, Lambdas, ECS, S3, ELB, EC2)
- Familiarity with the Spring Framework
- Experience with Docker or other container platforms
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with billing and payment systems
- Linux experience
- Passion for technology and video games