Dungeon Design Intern (Diablo 4)
Internship Term: 2020
DUNGEON DESIGN INTERN - DIABLO 4
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The minions of hell grow stronger during summer 2020! We have an opening for a Dungeon Design internship for Diablo 4. Do you have a passion for the dark, gothic and macabre in a fantasy Action RPG? Are you interested in working on dungeons, generating procedural environments, events, and hordes of enemies for players to slaughter on their crawl to victory? This is your chance to work with the Diablo team and level up your design skills.
Dungeon Design interns will work directly with our development teams to help create procedurally generated dungeons – working across the entire pipeline to combine environments, spawns, events and more into a cohesive, compelling and replayable Dungeon experience. The ideal student has created levels, missions, quests, encounters or other content that demonstrate their instinct for fun gameplay experiences.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020– August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Knowledge of and experience with our game franchises, specifically the Diablo series.
- Great sense for what makes a gameplay experience compelling and fun
- Previous experience designing games as personal, academic, or professional projects
- Experience with scripting game content
- Experience with world building and scene composition in 3D games
- Experience with the Lua scripting language
- Cover Letter
- Design Portfolio (preferably a link to an online portfolio)
- Please include examples of any projects you have worked on, either as part of your studies or independent work, and your contributions to their creation.
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.