Senior Quest Designer - Unannounced Project
The Diablo team is looking for a talented senior content designer with a combined gameplay and storytelling background to help us create storylines, play areas, quests, characters, and dialogue for our next project. The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate within design, audio, localization and engineering groups to efficiently and creatively implement quest-focused content and write
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay—specifically, the dark gothic fantasy of Diablo
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of quest design, including key gameplay concepts, pacing, and character voice
- Solid grasp of the styles of writing that work best for dark fantasy and gothic horror role-playing games
- Ability to envision and craft quests, stories, characters, and events within a dark fantasy and gothic horror-based world
- Extensive content or systems design experience. Ideally, you’ve creatively owned implementation of a large segment of content or a feature from concept to delivery
- Able to communicate expertly, inspire creativity, and describe scenes to a wide variety of individuals and perspectives
- Able to create and maintain a positive attitude in a driven, highly collaborative and iterative team environment
- A minimum of five years of experience in game design, including at least two years in a prior senior or lead position on a shipped game.
- Work with team leadership to set direction and tone for a variety of quest and story content areas
- Provide mentoring and clear, detailed feedback to other quest and content designers on gameplay content and story delivery
- Evaluate and critique environment designs, level designs, creature spawning, creature abilities, NPC spawning and actions, and content flow
- Write high-quality storylines with interesting plots, premises, characters, and dialogue
- Meticulously craft quest content from inspiration, through concept, presentation, implementation, and iteration.
- Knowledge of successful intellectual properties in dark fantasy and gothic horror genres and speak to what made these successful
- Experience with scripting languages such as LUA or Python
- Working knowledge of technical writing and editing
- Knowledge and creation of RPG maps and points of interest within a shared world
- Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns, and/or live-action RPGs.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and Console role-playing games.