Senior Games Writer - Overwatch 2
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…writers? We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior Games Writer to join the Overwatch team. As part of the writing team, your day to day responsibilities will include dialogue writing, story development, and content implementation. In addition, you will frequently be called upon to assist with editing, research and intellectual property management.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success as an experienced game developer with strong creative writing experience, excellent collaboration skills, and a real passion for Overwatch.
- Quickly write and iterate on compelling dialogue for characters, missions, and cinematics
- Write in-game backstory for the world, factions, and characters
- Contribute to the story development of the Overwatch universe
- Maintain the vision of the Overwatch universe
- Do research gathering and documentation
- Perform editing tasks as needed
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by team management
- 3+ years of industry experience as a writer/story developer
- At least one shipped AAA game title in a writing or game design role
- Understanding and knowledge of the universe of Overwatch
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to create dynamic dialogue for Overwatch heroes
- Able to act independently on writing tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work well under deadlines
- Work and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of current successful intellectual properties in today’s popular culture
- Plays and has knowledge of modern video games
- Technically proficient to learn toolsets to implement work into the game
- Experience in game design
- Understand various game toolsets
- Successfully published writing work (novels, short fiction, film, television, comics)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Links or attachments of writing samples/portfolio (preferred)
- Cover Letter (preferred)
- Resume (required)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!