Product Manager Intern
2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
Product Manager Intern
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences. Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic intern to join the B&OP Applications team.
We value applicants with exceptional creativity, strong communication skills, the ability to think quickly, excellent problem-solving skills, and passion for delivering world-class software and entertainment experiences. Does the idea of working with teams that are delivering on the future product vision for Blizzard’s out of game experiences spark your imagination?
- Assist the Team – Work with your program management team, Design & Engineering counter-parts and provide input into the product roadmap.
- Experiment & Learn – design & execute experiments to validate or invalidate hypotheses that are critical to the development and execution of our product strategy.
- Design Features – work closely with design, engineering and game team to develop new features and work flows, that helps us unlock the potential of all our teams, so we can deliver more value to our players.
- Schedules and Process – Assist the team with schedules and document commitments and operational plans.
- Champion transparency – Assist in communicating project status and roadmap to varied audiences: project teams upstream and downstream, group and department leadership, game team stakeholders.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Passion for the gaming industry and community
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.