Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing and versatile Network Engineer to join the IT Events team. You’ll be joining a technical team focused on engineering, building, and delivering the technology that powers Activision Blizzard Events, Esports, and Leagues.
As a Network Engineer in this role, you will be responsible for designing and planning the network infrastructure for epic scale events like BlizzCon, fan and media experiences, industry conventions, and our Esports programs including World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Hearthstone, The Overwatch League and Call of Duty League. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Engineer and build a scalable, modular, and mobile network platform to run Esports tournaments, events, and broadcasts.
- Travel to event locations globally to ensure flawless execution.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN and internet connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting on-site event network infrastructure.
- Ensure strict network security to protect sensitive and proprietary information.
- Work with external vendors to evaluate and design network infrastructure at multiple venues and locations.
- Assist Desktop and System disciplines in set up and deployment at each event.
- Build and maintain a lab platform to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Work with internal Blizzard IT teams to integrate new network architecture and connectivity.
- Work with internal development teams to prepare and administer event game services.
- A minimum of 5 years’ in Network Engineering and Administration or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of networking systems, protocols, software and technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, load balancers and WAN technologies.
- Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ, VPN’s, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 9000/7000/3000 series and Catalyst 2960/3750/9300 series switches.
- Understanding of routing protocols - BGP(iBGP/eBGP), EIGRP
- Experience with wireless networking technologies and deployments.
- Fluent in packet analysis (Clearsight, Wireshark)
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools and dashboards, such as Solarwinds, Datadog, OpenNMS, Cisco Prime.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 50 lbs and engage in labor related duties.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Network Certifications (CCNP, CCIE)
- A passion for video games.
- Experience running Esports events.
- Familiarity with broadcast technologies, streaming, and transmission.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!