Lead Product Manager, Platform SDK
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Lead Product Manager to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Platform SDK team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Platform SDK team maintains and delivers the shared code for the major features of the Battle.net platform, providing the primary integration point for our game studios to interface with the services created by other teams inside Battle.net & Online Products. The SDK facilitates usage of many products, such as authentication, social graph, voice chat, telemetry, and more. The Platform SDK product is a crucial part of our Platform Experience group, a new group within Battle.net & Online Products tasked with making the Battle.net platform as easy to integrate as possible.
In the role of Lead Product Manager for this portfolio, you will work with customers inside and outside of Blizzard to identify problems, determine objectives, propose solutions, drive alignment on specifications, deliver high-quality products, and measure their performance against their goals. You will help with defining and championing the vision to continuously improve your product. You will interact with senior technical and design leaders, engineers, designers, and product managers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net & Online Products.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product leader with prior experience managing successful technical products with the right balance of organizational & people management skills. You possess the ability to build consensus among diverse teams of people and guide them into highly collaborative partnerships. You enjoy having developers as your primary customer and know both what frustrates and delights them in integrating complex software.
- Manage the overall lifecycle of the Platform SDK product, providing the bond between partner teams and our services.
- Work closely with the service owners inside Battle.net & Online Products to ensure alignment between Platform SDK and its constituent components.
- Work closely with our Partner Success team and the developers using the Platform SDK to incorporate feedback into the product roadmap.
- Make sure each release has the most relevant features to your customers and Blizzard.
- Perform competitive market and feature analysis with other platform SDK offerings.
- Be an evangelist for the Platform SDK and excite both your team and your customers.
- Quantitatively and qualitatively measure game onboarding and operational success as it relates to your products.
- Ensure your cross-functional product team is prepared to deliver features on time and with measurable value.
- Establish measurable product objectives that align with the organization’s product strategy and outcomes.
- Influence beyond Battle.net & Online Products by driving alignment of priorities and timelines with teams across Blizzard.
- Contribute to sustaining a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
- Mentor individual contributor product managers, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
- 5+ years’ experience with product, program, and/or project management, with a focus on developing achievable objectives and a solid product roadmap.
- 2+ years’ experience in managing people.
- Comfortable with UI-less software and able to learn and understand systems by studying them.
- Understanding of software architecture, design, and documentation, with an emphasis on driving toward a high-quality developer experience.
- Familiar with the benefits of instrumentation and analytics for the purpose of designing better products for our customers and players.
- Driven to reach consensus among multiple stakeholders and customers.
- Experience leading multiple simultaneous projects through the full software development life cycle.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management.
- Enjoys experimentation and rapid prototyping as a means to discover what’s best for your products.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Passion for iteration in order to find the optimal solution, but at the same time understands diminishing returns.
- Skilled in risk assessment and management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous software engineering experience
- Previous product management work on SDKs, APIs, services, or other products where software engineers are the primary customer
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages, especially C++, C#, or Java
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence, or similar team collaboration applications
- Certification or training in business analysis and / or product management
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to bringing the world together through epic entertainment. Join us!