Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a fulltime Sound Designer to join the World of Warcraft audio team. The ideal candidate must have a strong creative vision and an internal desire to learn and grow in their pursuit of audio perfection. Come join our audio team and help us to create the future sound of the World of Warcraft franchise.
The ideal candidate needs to have experience in sound design and environmental audio for games. As a member of the WoW sound team, you will work directly the Sound Supervisor, Audio Producer, and other members of the dev team to align creative vision and goals. One must be comfortable operating in a professional manner while constantly interfacing with the various game artists, designers, and engineers in bringing their characters, creatures, and environments to life. The sound designer also contributes to a game's user interface in order to give players feedback on their gaming experience. Additionally, the sound designer engages with our music brethren to explore aesthetic opportunities and resolve any possible sonic conflicts. A successful sound designer collaborates with game designers in crafting an audio experience that compliments and melds seamlessly with gameplay. Our ideal candidate must show that they can both create exemplary original content and integrate it into the final product. You will be part of a collaborative team of artists, designers, producers, and programmers that all work in conjunction in order to turn concepts into memorable experiences in the final finished product.
- Game audio production credits on multiple major shipped titles in a Sound Design role.
- Experience specifically creating outstanding sound effects, backgrounds, and foley for games.
- Experience designing sounds for fantasy games, specifically creature and spell work.
- Demonstrable proficiency working in DAW workstations, including Nuendo or Pro Tools.
- Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production.
- Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools.
- Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and/or Macintosh operating systems
- Demo reel or audio portfolio including representative examples of sound design experience.
- Experience playing World of Warcraft (A Very Big Plus).
- Development experience with MMOs.
- Experience directing live actors
- Scripting and/or light programming knowledge.
- Experience developing games that utilize FMod.
- Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard.