Senior Program Manager, Call of Duty
Blizzard is seeking a high performing, driven Senior Program Manager to join the IT Events Organization. You will be a critical member of a dedicated team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and Esports across multiple locations. You’ll be joining the team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events and Esports.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual passionate about delivering flawless experiences across events ranging from local tournaments and studio productions, to epic scale events like BlizzCon. As a Senior Program Manager in this role, you will serve as the main IT point of contact supporting Call of Duty. You will work with stakeholders and IT to gather requirements and implement solutions geared towards optimizing and refining IT processes and solutions for the Call of Duty related Esports and broadcasts. You will manage multiple complex projects and be deeply familiar with all activity across your program area. You will partner with the rest of the IT Events organization to organize, prioritize and execute work. Excellent communication skills, collaboration skills and strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project/event.
- Ability to identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and other tasks.
- Ability to look at business and sales elements through an IT lens, participating in strategic conversations and providing input on direction.
- Timeliness: Communicates well in advance to allow proper preparations.
- Accountable for committing to accurately delivering against stakeholder needs.
- Partner engagement: Understands when to engage, who to engage and the appropriate method for the circumstances.
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule.
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Delivering high quality service to stakeholders.
- Assume ownership of the product for IT, have a vision for its future and help build and deliver that vision.
- Drive continuous improvement within designated program area. Always thinking about how to optimize, refine, and do more with less.
- Planning project milestones/tasks, schedules and resources.
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers.
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements.
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards.
- This position requires travel.
- Prior live event broadcast experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management or Program Management experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong Leadership.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- MS Project Certification.
- Passion for video games.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!