Senior Game Designer - Overwatch 2
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…designers? We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Game Designer who shares our values.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented senior game designer to join the Overwatch team. You have experience creating fun units in a shooter game. You thrive collaborating with other disciplines and designers to help realize your vision. You will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of Overwatch, and a long-standing passion for games.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Drives the design for enemy units by making them make them fun, diverse and engaging.
- Strong collaborator with other departments, including VFX, art, animation and audio.
- Works with production to assist, and provide feedback on, high level plans and schedules.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience on a shipped product, focused on enemy unit design.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive content and systems design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
- Cover Letter is preferred
- Design portfolio is optional
- A design test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.