Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional technical artist to join Hearthstone.
Your quest is to help maintain and improve our Hearthstone art pipeline, using your breadth of skill and experience to work between art and engineering to help us bring this game to life. Your role is challenging and varied; your domain extends anywhere from modeling tools, to plugins, to rendering improvements. We look to you to solve hard problems using knowledge, creativity, and teamwork.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience as a technical artist on a AAA mobile or PC/Console game. We are looking for someone with deep understanding of game engines and game creation tools. We want an excellent collaborator who can apply their insight to improve both the technology and the people around them.
You'll be part of a team just as excited about making great games as you are, and together we'll create even more epic Blizzard experiences.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
· Results-oriented driver who is self-motivated, collaborative, able to develop tools, prototypes, and features from start to finish.
· Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya.
· Strong technical background and a positive attitude.
· Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other technical artists.
· Detail-oriented problem-solving ability.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in technical art.
· Passion for playing and making computer games, especially game styles relevant to Blizzard games.
· Experience with Unity 3D
· Modeling or animation skills in 3D content creation software
· Familiarity with 3D rendering principles and/or shader authoring
· Familiarity with animation rigging toolsets and workflows
· Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard’s universes and lore
· Expert-level knowledge of Python
Required Application Materials
· Cover Letter
· Portfolio and/or Reel demonstrating technical skills
· Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!