Lead ServiceNow Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment does more than games. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of game developers. Corporate Applications supports the business by designing, developing, and maintaining internal tools and applications to maximize productivity and efficiency, helping Blizzard deliver epic entertainment.
Blizzard Entertainment Corporate Applications is seeking a talented Lead ServiceNow Engineer responsible for leading projects and managing engineers working on the ServiceNow platform. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, elegant design, and product quality is essential.
- Manage engineers in terms of engineering discipline, career growth, performance, and adherence to department processes.
- Help drive engineering best practices, philosophies, and culture.
- Manage and drive large-scale projects which may span across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code using best practices.
- Identify and debug bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Provide ongoing support for both new and legacy applications.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to deliver products with Blizzard polish to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- 3+ years of experience in managing and mentoring software engineers
- Experience working with Program Management and Product Design groups
- Ability to explain complex technologies and solutions to non-technical users
- Talent for mediating when engineering, design, and program management are not aligned
- Familiarity with agile software lifecycle methodologies and ability to deliver while adhering to them
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to design complex forms and workflows in ServiceNow
- Exposure to Discovery and Orchestration Environment
- Ability to implement Incident Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Configuration Management, Service Catalog, and Reporting
- Knowledge of common design, architectural, and concurrency patterns, and of building scalable applications
- Experience with ServiceNow Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Script Includes and Access Control Lists
- Experience integrating ServiceNow with third-party tools and implementation of REST API
- Capability of teaching and mentoring others
- Experience with Automated Testing Framework (ATF)
- Good understanding of Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!