Test Analyst, B&OP - Applications
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA.
We are looking for a test professional, an analytical advocate of quality, who has the passion and drive to contribute through generating test documentation, providing early feedback to shape the product, and executing test cases. Your critical thinking skills and passion for improving our processes will directly aid in our quest to uphold Blizzard quality, in everything we do!
- Deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure results through both manual and automated Grey-box test approaches.
- Develop test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies, including but not limited to data validation, regression testing, integration testing, and performance/load testing.
- Partner with other developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be eﬀectively tested.
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test-related tools (i.e. TestRail.)
- Ensure deployment stability across all environments.
- Research, recommend and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation.
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality.
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality.
- Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback.
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities.
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (or ~3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in software/Web testing.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, speciﬁcally QA processes in agile and waterfall development environments.
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent.
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Passion for games and software quality.
- White box testing experience.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent.
- High-level of Web-based testing knowledge and/or skill.
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services.