Senior Combat Designer
We Need You
The Diablo Immortal team is looking for a proven veteran designer with a passion for engaging combat and gameplay. You are experienced in multiple areas of design including skills, monster spawning and boss encounters.
You are comfortable flexing both technical and aesthetic. One moment you are working with an engineer to optimize a skill so it behaves well under high latency conditions, the next you’re choosing the monsters that will form the ecology for a new dungeon.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a passion for all things multi-player, outstanding people skills, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of Diablo games, and a longstanding passion for playing video games. We are helping to pioneer the creation of epic Blizzard games for our core community and new players – join us!
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the video game industry
- Must have shipped at least one AAA title in a design role
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Prior experience doing monster design and boss design
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Extensive experience developing or playing action RPG titles
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment titles
- Previous experience on a Blizzard Entertainment title
- Prior work experience on a AAA mobile title
- A deep thought process for RPG-style combat both as a designer and a player
- Analytical skills for evaluating systems and interpreting player behavior
- Creative writing for wording of skills, items, features, and tool tips
- User Interface design experience
- Prior work experience or education in other (non-design) disciplines: art, programming, production, or sound.
- Passion for action RPG games, Blizzard games, and mobile games.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences . . . ever. Join us!