Senior Automation Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Automation Engineer to help in supporting and automating Blizzard’s global information systems infrastructure. The ideal candidate is skilled in collaborating with a global team, and leading technology discussions and decisions. He/She will primarily work on projects but may also serve as an escalation point for support teams when needed. This individual will serve as a key resource on large projects, working directly with project managers and executive leadership to implement technology solutions for Blizzard.
This role requires substantial interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Utilize various tools and frameworks to build solutions for both our information services team and userbase
- Build independent tools for a variety of business challenges
- Solving tough and complex business problems, utilizing both repeatable and creative solutions.
- Connect existing tools and platforms together, eliminating manual work
- Provide on call support as part of an on-call escalation
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of several languages such as python, C, java, powershell, puppet, chef
- Strong understanding of security best practices, and both its theory and practical implementation
- Strong understanding of instrumentation and telemetry
- 7+ years of writing code for use in large organizations
- Strong understanding of CI and build pipelines
- Solid understanding of active directory
- Solid understanding of large datasets, and how to both analyze and transform between different systems
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Experience working in an enterprise environment
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience using group collaboration software
- Hands on experience with containerization technology such as docker or kubernetes
- A passion for video games
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!