Game Designer, Encounters
Creating memorable, epic, encounters for our players is an exciting, but challenging, quest. We are looking for new heroes to join our own raid group!
Blizzard Entertainment is looking to grow the ranks of our Encounter Design team on World of Warcraft.
This position will involve the creative design and technical implementation of Raid and Dungeon based content. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of World of Warcraft, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
- A minimum of 2 years' game design experience
- Strong track record of content and systems design experience. Ideally with a focus on combat interactions and / or boss encounters.
- Strong collaboration skills, and the ability to interact well with other disciplines like art and engineering.
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- In depth experience playing through dungeon and raid encounters in World of Warcraft.
- Experience creatively owning complete content implementations from concept to delivery.
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.)
- Knowledge of or understanding of LUA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter** which should include:
- Why you are interested in working on World of Warcraft.
- What games you are currently playing.
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.