Camera Designer - Unannounced Project
The minions of hell grow stronger! Our horde of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tight-knit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
We are looking for a talented content designer with experience working with in game cameras and doing camera work in-engine for character and environmental moments.
- Creative design and technical implementation of in-game cameras
- Work with the Lead Designer and Art Director to create camera sequences and events that blend with gameplay
- Collaborate with quest designers and in-game cinematics teams to build cohesive gameplay experiences
- Creation and integration of scripted content and cameras using LUA and our proprietary tools.
- 2-5 years’ experience designing and implementing in-game cameras
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay—specifically, the gothic fantasy of Diablo
- Support player navigation, traversal and combat with well-executed camera work
- Able to prototype and finalize fun and interesting camera moves while keeping gameplay in mind
- Knowledge and experience working with text-based scripting languages
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in a driven, highly collaborative, and iterative team environment.
- Knowledge of successful intellectual properties in dark fantasy and gothic horror genres, and the ability to speak to what made them successful
- Online play experience with various Blizzard Entertainment games (Diablo III, Starcraft II, World of Warcraft, etc.)
- Experience working in television, movies, and other media that involves camera work
- Experience as a content or systems designer
- Experience with isometric cameras.
Required Application Materials
- Resume, including:
- Footage, mockups or any other information regarding camera work or in-game cinematics
- Cover Letter, including
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games, particularly Diablo or other ARPGs.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!