Associate Software Engineer, Physics - Shared Game Engine
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project advances technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We have an amazing opportunity for an Associate Software Engineer to influence the future of physics and collision as part of the Shared Game Engine team. As a contributor, you will be working with one of the industry’s greats on Blizzard’s physics and collision engine. Our team is highly collaborative, and you’ll interface with multiple disciplines as you help develop and refine key systems.
Review the requirements below and drop us a line if the prospect of bringing future Blizzard games to a whole new level speaks to your experience and skillset and appeals to your passion and creativity. This is a full-time position on Blizzard’s main campus in Irvine, CA.
- Currently enrolled in a US college or university
- Graduating between December 2019 – August 2020
- Authorized to work in the US
- Work closely with partner game teams and the engine team to create and support exciting in-game experiences.
- Develop new functionality and make the physics and collision engine shine.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency in linear algebra, calculus, and differential equations
- Experience or knowledge of three-dimensional rigid body dynamics, collision detection, and computational geometry
- Experience or knowledge of code and data optimization
- Experience with C++
- A passion for video games
- Computer science, applied math, physics or related degree
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Resume and cover letter
**Only submittals with cover letters will be considered
ON BLIZZARD CULTURE
Blizzard exists in a hyper-creative atmosphere, curated by talented professionals serious about getting the most out of themselves and our culture. Our philosophy on culture fit is pretty simple: we want people who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living, and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute. Ours is a highly collaborative environment, and we’re drawn to like-minded people who love knowledge-sharing and thrive in a team setting. Being part of a team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.