Senior In-Game Technical Artist
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Technical Artist to join its In-Game Cinematics department. You are a highly motivated artist with experience building complex tools in Python, and you have a strong understanding of Python and object oriented programming. You are attuned to the needs of a game production pipeline and are familiar with taking care of all the challenges that come from it.
- Build and maintain pipeline tools that work closely with game technology
- Work closely with game engineers for determining the technical needs of the show from a cinematics point of view
- Build and maintain high quality rigs
- Work closely with animators to determine rig needs and requirements
- Work with Leads and Production staff to prioritize tasks
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 3+ years professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Experience with Python and MEL
- Knowledge of deformations and topology for both Body and Face
- Knowledge of character pipeline and workflow techniques
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Demo reel online (preferred) showing rigging and technical proficiency
- Experience with C/C++ and/or LUA
- Experience working with a big team of animators
- Understanding of Games development process
- Ability to generate tools to facilitate the rigging pipeline
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume (PDF preferred)
- Reel demo reel or link to samples of work and descriptive breakdown of contributions
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.