Senior Software Engineer, Test Automation
Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As an automation engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world-class multiplayer game, unlocking the potential of our developers to create compelling and exciting gameplay. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing robust, efficient code, and a deep understanding of the challenges involved with simulating, automating and stress testing a networked client/server game.
- Ownership and responsibility for a rich automation infrastructure covering areas such as (but not limited to) performance, stability, build verification, data integrity, etc.
- Design test automation architecture to work across all Overwatch technologies (client, server, test clients)
- Work with members of the team to design automation strategies that solve some of our most complex problems
- Manage a large hardware farm dedicated to automated test execution
- Work side by side with QA, feature developers, design and production to identify and mitigate risk
- Provide critical analysis of automation programming and development practices with the goal of improving test quality and team efficiency
- Ensure that the automation team adheres to established coding standards and maintains efficient coding practices
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Mentor other engineers on the automation team
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Advanced understanding of C++ / C#
- Strong passion for automation, build systems, and software testing
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Shipped at least one AAA title as an automation engineer or gameplay engineer
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- Experience with Jenkins
- Familiarity with VM technologies like Openstack or vSphere
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Knowledge of security and performance testing
- Advanced knowledge of additional languages like Python
- Previous experience mentoring other software engineers
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!