Director, Service Technologies
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding technical chops and stellar communication skills to lead a team of highly skilled, global developers in our Service Technologies team. Our team operates as a critical part of our Global Customer Service Operations team and connects with each of our games and all our players. Our customers span the globe and this role requires a technical leader who knows how to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into complex engineering challenges that we face daily.
As the Director of Service Technology, you will hold the vision for the technical future of the company’s Customer Service CRM systems, other critical technology, and ensure that projects are aligned to that vision. Using your experience and skill you will grow and develop the future technical leaders of the company. In partnership with the Senior Director of Global Customer Service Operations, you will have end-to-end responsibility and accountability for the engineering output of the group.
In this highly visible role, you are equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executive leadership as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in a development meeting. You will ensure that we have a controlled cadence to execute on and drive a well-oiled machine that defines our quality and measure ourselves against those standards to build a great environment for our world-class developers.
- Direct our service technology platform by successfully partnering with other functional teams such as, game teams, finance, marketing, licensing, international, quality assurance, and customer service to deliver an epic gaming experience.
- Lead the continued focus on Customer Service Systems excellence including our Support Portal, Automation, Self-Service, Machine Learning, and User Experience.
- Evangelize efficient processes and policies to team leadership, and internal support organizations.
- Build and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, and cultivate a culture of success.
- Work with international regions to ensure relevant teams have an understanding of market conditions, challenges, player behaviors, and rollout strategies.
- Lead forecasting, budgeting, and business design.
- Coach and guide the rest of the development leaders toward achieving their career goals.
- Lead studio level strategy and provide an active voice in resolving global issues.
- Ensure that our software is being developed at the highest quality meeting platform tenets.
- Architecting, developing and operating a large scale server infrastructure.
- 15+ years of software design and management experience.
- Experience leading technical managers.
- Experience with CRM systems, particularly the Customer Service functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with distributed server infrastructures and network protocols.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to influence at all levels.
- Must exhibit extraordinary leadership skills that include, but are not limited to talent selection, performance management, talent planning and development and recognition.
- Proven record of developing solutions to new problems, or continuously improving systems and processes.
- Must be expertly agile and very comfortable partnering up, down and across a complex business.
- An eagerness to embody the core principles of the brand.
- A positive attitude.
- The ability to interact with all stakeholders and lead by example.
- The ability to succeed in a sometimes chaotic, undefined environment.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!