Site Reliability Engineer, World of Warcraft
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our embedded teams on-boarding new technologies, diving into complex issues, and integrating next generation game platforms.
SREs use a software engineering approach to support the architecture, build, and deploy of applications in large scale at Blizzard Entertainment. The role is comprised of talented engineers that are focused on improving reliability-as-a-feature through a data-driven approach: telemetry, automation, and functional/unit testing.
If you're interested in working with a team of SREs to support, simplify, automate, and improve World of Warcraft services then we'd love to talk to you!
- Be an integral part of the team working to keep World of Warcraft's services safe and secure. This will include guidance as well as hands-on support for designing, building, and supporting the development pipeline, automating infrastructure and operations, creating telemetry for monitoring, engineering for high reliability, and evangelizing best practices.
- Blizzard SREs must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and high-energy environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about constantly learning, taking established systems to the next level, and is a highly motivated, positive, creative thought leader.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other members of the Site Reliability Engineering team.
- Experience with software development (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++).
- Extensive experience with cloud hosting (e.g. AWS, GCP, OpenStack), and CI Pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Expertise in Linux/Windows systems and operational excellence, and well as application stability, security, performance, capacity management, and documentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!