Unified Collaboration Engineer
Are you that person that loves to remind others to enable their video on a conference call? Do you enjoy deploying technology that makes your co-workers more efficient? Are you the kind of person that is very annoyed when technology doesn’t work right? Then this may be the job for you! Here at Blizzard we greatly value collaboration in all its forms. We are looking to add the right champion to our party as we look to tackle the collaboration challenges of today and tomorrow.
The Unified Collaboration engineer will be part of the team that is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive unified collaboration environment. This role has a strong emphasis on meeting spaces and video collaboration. Responsibilities range from managing in-room video systems and codecs, to helping drive user adoption. The ideal candidate is expected to understand the business requirements and translate into technical solutions to ensure a great user experience.
- Evaluating and recommending emerging technologies, systems engineering, architecture standards, and strategies
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting and fault remediation on Cisco Collaboration & Networking issues
- Interface with manufacturers, developers, engineers, and project managers to provide solutions for highly complex systems
- Able to implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ensure all global production telecom environments and related systems and services are available 24x7.
- Advanced call flow manipulation and management
- Supporting, maintaining and upgrading call managers with their associated publishers and subscribers, gateways, voice mail systems, contact center.
- Perform proactive maintenance and upgrades across our managed service environment
- Responsible for reporting and analytics of telecom related KPIs (call volume, quality, drops, disconnects)
- Perform event, incident, change and release management within a managed service environment
- Perform support incident management, vendor escalation, work with all level of engineers to resolve technical issues, while maintaining up to date documentation on assigned open issues
- Contribute to end user training and documentation
- Manage user acceptance testing of installations
- Liaising between site contact and HQ, providing support, training and user experience feedback and results
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among co-workers, users, and executives
- Applicants should have at least 2-3 years of experience providing support for Cisco Unified Communications & Collaboration technologies
- Applicants must have a demonstrated comfort level with fundamental Cisco Unified Communications & Collaboration technologies, concepts, platforms and upgrade processes including:
- Cisco Call Manager
- Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Cisco IM & Presence
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco Digital & Analog Voice Gateways Cisco Unified Border Element
- Cisco Mobile Remote Access
- Contact Center
- Applicants will be required to maintain or acquire a valid Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) or higher certification in Network or Collaboration.
- CCIE Collab or equivalent experience
- In depth knowledge of video conferencing services including Cisco’s WebEx Meetings and Teams
- Applicants must be self-motivated, detail oriented, with a willingness to learn
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with Cisco cloud registered room systems
- Experience with CCMP
- Experience with ICM Scripting
- Experience with proximity/cordless solutions
- Experience with virtualization: VMware, Cisco UCS
- Experience with monitoring tools (Solarwinds, Crestron Fusion, etc)
- Experience in commercial audio-visual design and install
- Experience in audio-visual hardware (Cisco, Crestron, Clearone, Shure, Polycom)
- Understanding of ITIL framework and processes