Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard operations, human resources (HR) supports our employees and business units on a global scale.
The Compensation Team serves as trusted advisors to both HR and business leaders by carefully understanding the needs or problems areas and then providing guidance that marries the knowledge of market practices with the unique needs of our organization to create and maintain compelling and competitive compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain our epic talent.
We're looking for a Compensation Director to join our team in Irvine, to lead the design, implementation, administration, and evolution of our compensation programs across the globe. If you’re someone who likes to learn new things, enjoys problem-solving, finding creative solutions and can lead through changes this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Lead the development, design, and implementation of Blizzard’s global compensation philosophy and strategy.
- Design, implement and refine all Blizzard incentive programs and play a key role in providing input to broader Activision Blizzard incentive programs and design.
- Oversee the design, iteration, and maintenance of the organization’s salary structure and job mapping processes in order to maintain appropriate internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Provide strategic input to executives and global function heads to ensure compensation structures and levels are competitive externally and are aligned with Blizzard’s global business objectives and core values.
- Develop processes and oversee the communications, roll-out, and project management of the annual compensation planning process for all employees globally (merit increases, promotions, cash and equity incentive planning, etc.).
- Liaison and point of contact for Blizzard with Activision Blizzard’s benefits and compensation leaders.
- Stay current with market practices and explores creative and alternative ways to reward employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics or related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in compensation administration and design at a mid to large size company.
- A minimum of 4 years’ managing a team in a leadership role.
- Human Capital Management consulting experience preferred.
- Proven ability to produce results under tight deadlines while driving engagement from the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to translate findings into clear and concise documents and presentations.
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations relating to compensation (e.g. FLSA).
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with and influence executives and HR leadership.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Strong customer service and leadership skills.
- Postgraduate education in HR, MBA, or CCP.
- Previous experience at a Technology, Media or Video Game company.
- Experience with key HR systems: MarketPay & Workday.
- Resilience and high adaptability in a startup or fast-paced environment.
- Passion for gaming and/or entertainment.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!