Localization Manager, Latin America
Blizzard’s Localization team is looking for a manager to lead all aspects of localization for its gaming initiatives and related support services for the Latin American market. You will have exceptional organization and communication skills in both English and Latin American Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese, 5 years of software localization experience in a leadership role, and a deep understanding of Latin American gaming communities.
As a Localization Manager for Latin America, you’ll work in Irvine, California, Blizzard’s North American Headquarters. Here you’ll rub elbows every single day with a culturally diverse and globally minded staff ranging from developers to producers, community representatives to publishing professionals, writers to sound engineers, which are all here for one thing – to build the most epic entertainment experiences ever!
- Responsible for providing strategic leadership Latin American Localization efforts
- You will lead Blizzard’s team of Latin American QC analysts Leads, and Project Managers
- Be accountable for the quality of Blizzard’s Latin American Spanish games and support services including process management and improvement
- You will vet external vendor agencies for translation and testing and establish trusted strategic vendor partners
- Review and approve internal resource allocation plans and lead budgets for external vendor solutions
- Facilitate communication between your team and Blizzard’s Localization Production and Publishing teams
- Hire, train, and mentor Latin American localization staff from diverse backgrounds
- Encourage your team to achieve Blizzard’s quality standards and maintain the positive morale of the team
- Tailor and present department analytics, processes, organizational structure, etc., to executive management
- Manager and drive a group of 15 people in charge of the end-to-end Localization for the LATAM region.
- A real passion for games (especially Blizzard titles)
- 5 years of game or software localization experience on AAA titles
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally if needed
- 5 years of organizing and managing a team of localization staff
- Working knowledge of language service provider workflows and pricing models
- Rich knowledge of localization industry standard CAT and TMS tools, and QA defect management tools
- Ability to formulate and execute strategic plans
- Ability to motivate and influence at all levels
- Self-motivation, high level of dedication, and collaboration skills
- Analytic and curious mind-set to find opportunities and actively offer solutions
- Degree in a related field
- Experience working with Confluence and JIRA and other relevant project management software
- Experience in casting and directing voice dubbing for Latin American Spanish video games
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Latin American Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese
- Familiarity with all Blizzard intellectual properties
- A robust network of Latin American Spanish language service provider contacts
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences