UI/UX Design Intern - Hearthstone
Internship Term: 2020
UI/UX Design Intern (Hearthstone)
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
From the main menu to gameplay, Hearthstone is a game made out of UI. It’s also one of the only Blizzard games with two unique sets of interfaces: desktop vs. smartphone, being developed in parallel. Going forward we are exploring the possibility of console, which will be a fulltime position on its own. The team has also been actively developing a UI tool inside Unity, which is instrumental to the future of HS development with the goal of providing UI designers with direct control over implementation, while unloading burdens for engineers.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020– August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- A passion for video games, and user interface design
- A passion for hearthstone, and the desire to make improvements to the existing state of the game
- Strong graphic design skills – an understanding of Blizzard's artistic sense, and fluency in Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to illustrate UI components that are consistent with Hearthstone's design philosophy
- Understanding of UI, and usability principles
- Awareness of current UI trends across multiple platforms
- Ability to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Good verbal communications skills
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with 3D software (Maya, 3Ds Max)
- Experience designing functional user interfaces for personal/team projects
- Wireframe/prototyping skills
- Extensive experience playing Blizzard Entertainment
- Cover Letter
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.