Lead Program Manager
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Lead Program Manager to join the Battle.net Data team. The team’s vision is to be the engineering backbone of our Gateway, Long/Near-Real-time Analytics and Data lake products.
This position will help define and execute the vision for key parts of our big data platform. You will interact with senior technical leaders, engineers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned program manager with prior experience managing complex, multi-year projects with the right balance of technical and soft skills, and ability to drive consensus among diverse teams of people.
- Responsible for managing the application lifecycle of platform features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review, and release.
- Act as product owner for components of the platform to ensure that features address business needs and are developed on time.
- Act as champion for significant projects, programs, and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Gather, document, and organize business, functional, and any creative requirements for new projects from project stakeholders.
- Gather estimates from resources and create project documentation (goals, scope, and success metrics).
- Follow change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Work with other program managers to plan effective resource utilization.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of project resources to ensure that project tasks are completed on time, within scope, and at acceptable quality.
- Identify, track, manage, and resolve project issues.
- Ensure that solutions are of acceptable quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in platform development
- Experience working with large distributed systems and big data
- Experience managing large teams and multiple projects
- Skilled in risk assessment and management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Software engineering background
- Hands-on experience with Hive, Impala, or Hue
- Hands on experience with visualization systems (Kibana, Grafana)
- Hands-on experience in public cloud data products (AWS / GCP)
- IT operations or system engineering background
- Project management professional (PMP) certification
- Scrum master certification
- Scrum product owner certification
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!