Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), B&OP - Platform
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a diverse community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but creating epic entertainment and the technology that drives our customers’ experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner.
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost effective software development tools which will be used to enhance game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position, you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day. Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team and being a part of Blizzard Entertainment?
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals.
- Identify, design, and implement technical solutions increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing the cost of test execution.
- Analyze and understand design and source code to establish test hooks and API testing.
- Design, implement, modify and utilize test harnesses, automated solutions, and tests.
- Create and deliver metrics on quality and risk analysis to business partners.
- Analyze test data and results to identify patterns and influence software quality.
- Transfer knowledge gained through analysis and technical partners with QA teams.
- Ability to write expert-level code in C# AND C++ required.
- 5+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET, Developer or similar QA Focused role.
- 4+ years coding in a professional environment.
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses and/or QA focused tools
- Passion for video games and commitment to quality and sustainable software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools.
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions.
- Practical experience testing/exercising RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Experience testing on multiple platforms including Windows, Mac, console, and mobile.
- Fluency in multiple programming languages.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies.
- Development of HTTP-Based APIs.
- Experience coding on .NET (including 4.5+) or Java is ideal.
- Experience with database platforms and concepts (SQL, NoSQL, ACID, CAP)
- Experience with game software testing.